Taylor Plosser Davis, Architect, LLC is expanding the team! As a woman-owned firm with exceptional clients, TPD is dedicated to work-life balance and is deeply committed to providing professional design services for each project, large and small.
We are always looking to work with talented individuals with a desire to help people come home to houses they love!
- Creating document sets that describe the design intent for the project, including drawings for all phases of work from schematic design through construction documentation.
- Solving design problems with creativity and common sense, and staying mindful of the owner’s budget and design requirements.
- Developing construction document sets that effectively and concisely describe projects such that they can be accurately priced and built.
- Working with TPD and client to align expectations for design, schedule and budget.
- Attending client and project meetings and site visits, and preparing meeting minutes and field reports during the construction process.
- Revit skills required.
- Minimum 5 years work experience, preferably with experience with residential design and construction techniques.
- Registration preferred.
- Most work will be local to the Birmingham area.
- Rendering skills are a plus.
- Must be deadline oriented and self-motivated.
- Some office hours will be required, but candidates should be able to work independently and effectively from outside the office as well.
Who are we looking for?
Ideal candidates will be creative problem solvers who can translate great ideas into buildable projects. Because our clients have lives too, deadlines are important, and candidates should be willing to work with time constraints to deliver exceptional service. Project Architects will work directly with clients and should enjoy interacting with owners and their families. Candidates should be comfortable in a growing small firm where responsibilities and priorities may shift daily, and while design skills are paramount, so is a certain amount of flexibility and a great sense of humor!
Compensation is negotiable and is commensurate with experience and full/part time commitment. The firm offers a flexible work environment and while candidates should consider the office home base, the studio is set up for employees to work remotely.
Interested applicants should submit work samples (as a PDF) a cover letter, and resume email@example.com.
We love residential architecture, and we love that our clients want to work with us to collaborate on great design that addresses their particular needs. Our designs are contextual, tailored to the families we work with and the neighborhoods they live in. A TPD house belongs to the client, and it should beautifully tell their story.