Being a designer at a small firm means more chances to do more things: responsibility for design and production and working directly with clients and contractors, all while having the support and resources that come with being part of a team.
Currently in its second decade, TPD Architect is a full-service, residential architecture firm, committed to helping families live longer in homes they love. We provide exceptional service to our exceptional clients, and our work yields thoughtful and enduring design. We create homes that thoughtfully support the lives of the people that live there, whether it’s heralding the arrival of children or grandchildren, designing a home office for work or retirement, or thinking about downsizing the house in the city so that there’s more time for leisure in the mountains.
Our approach to design is contextual, and we work to be respectful of the distinct character and style of the homes and neighborhoods where we work. Our designs are considerate, solution driven, and focused on the special details that make the home uniquely suited to its owners. And because we are a full-service firm, team members have an opportunity to design everything from energy efficient wall assemblies to millwork details and lighting plans. Current projects include everything from renovations and additions to new custom home design, Aging in Place consulting, residential space planning, and interior design, providing a variety of opportunities for experience and professional growth.
We love what we do here, and it is important to give team members the tools and opportunities they need to be successful. We are a flexible office and are structured to support a combination of working from home as well as in the office. Our pay is competitive, and we offer generous time off as well as the option to take time off on alternate summer Fridays. We offer continuing education experiences, support for professional activities, and an extensive resource library.
Designer (Architectural Interiors)
- Minimum five years of experience in an architecture or interior design office.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in architecture, interior architecture or interior design
- Registration preferred. TPD encourages professional licensing for all of its design staff.
- Designing kitchens, bathrooms, closets, and other internal areas, and developing design solutions that align with the client’s goals and the firm’s standards
- Existing conditions survey and documentation
- Interacting with clients so they can feel informed and can make critical decisions
- Guiding the client through the selection of materials, fixtures, fittings, and finishes
- Being design resource and project guide
- Document production and coordination for all phases, Schematic through Construction Documents
- Providing oversight such that projects are completed following internal and external design, specification, budget, and schedule requirements
- Working with the construction team to oversee details and help address project challenges in the field
- Attending site visits and construction phase meetings
You are known for:
- Your passion for and knowledge of high quality construction, residential is a plus.
- The ability to look ahead to upcoming work responsibilities and deadlines for multiple projects and ensure that work is done on time and within the design time budgeted.
- Your sense of accountability and responsibility: you find solutions and make sure the work is done right.
- Working with the design team to uphold design intentions and client wishes while remaining within project budget and timeline
- Great people skills, as we work closely with our clients and contractors
- Significant experience with Revit software. TPD also uses Bluebeam software, Asana and Microsoft Office.
- Flexible work hours
- Paid time off
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Salary commensurate with experience and schedule.
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Supplemental pay types: Bonus opportunities
If you are interested in the position, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you.