We love designing great houses. We love our clients.
TPD Architect is a growing woman-owned residential architecture firm in Birmingham, Alabama designing homes where families can thrive, and creating an office where the folks that work there can do the same.
TPD is currently interviewing candidates for the role of Architect/Project Manager with the ability and experience to manage and execute residential projects from initial client consultation to completion of construction administration.
A Few Things About Working at TPD
- TPD is helping families live longer in the homes they love. We work to help clients create the places where their memories happen, accommodating their needs, and welcoming their guests. If this kind of work seems fulfilling, challenging, and rewarding, TPD could be a great fit for you.
- We are a group of professionals who genuinely love working together! We enjoy the camaraderie of sharing ideas and coming up with ways to make residential architecture beautiful and accommodating.
- TPD Architect is dedicated to offering flexibility. We’ve been working from home when needed for years. TPD offers flexible positions with the ability to work some portion of any required hours remotely. We are looking for someone who is self-driven and ready to work hard while enjoying a balanced work and home life.
- We are located in Birmingham, Alabama, which is a forward-moving, interesting, and affordable southern city with vibrant food, music, and art scenes. Our historic downtown is undergoing a rapid revitalization with ample opportunities for affordable urban living. It’s a wonderful city and a great place to live.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Project management under the direction of the principal and with the support of the team and remote staff.
- Production of accurate and thorough residential construction drawings and details on Revit software.
- Working with residential building codes and local zoning practices.
- Developing trusted relationships with clients and contractors during design and construction to represent TPD’s commitment to client service and smart design.
- Execution of construction administration including review of shop drawings, submittals, RFI’s, and pay applications.
- A professional degree in Architecture from an accredited program.
- Licensure preferred.
- Minimum of 5-8 years of experience in residential architecture or construction.
- Previous experience managing projects from start to finish.
- Extensive experience with Revit.
- Knowledge of and curiosity about residential construction detailing.
- Freehand sketching skills preferred.
- Excellent communication skills: verbal and written
- Self-starter, detail-oriented professional, who can not only work independently on small and large residential projects but can manage other team members and consultants in order to provide great results and meet deadlines
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and portfolio in PDF format. Optional: Include a short (under 3 minutes) video telling us why you’d like to work with us at TPD Architect. We’d love to have the opportunity to get to know you a little better!
Additionally, please complete this form with your applicant information.
- Full Time
- Part-Time with the option to transition to Full Time
- TPD offers flexible positions with the ability to work some portion of any required hours remotely. A minimum number of hours in the Birmingham office are required in order for project teams to successfully complete projects for clients, including Construction Administration services.
Compensation is commensurate with experience and is negotiable.