Taylor Plosser Davis, Architect, LLC is expanding the team! As a woman-owned firm with exceptional clients, TPD is dedicated to work-life balance and is deeply committed to providing professional design services for each project, large and small.
Current Positions available include Project Architect and Marketing/Administrator.
- Creating document sets that describe the design intent for the project, including drawings for all phases of work from schematic design through construction documentation.
- Solving design problems with creativity and common sense, and staying mindful of the owner’s budget and design requirements.
- Developing construction document sets that effectively and concisely describe projects such that they can be accurately priced and built.
- Working with TPD and client to align expectations for design, schedule and budget.
- Attending client and project meetings and site visits, and preparing meeting minutes and field reports during the construction process.
- Revit skills required.
- Minimum 5 years work experience, preferably with experience with residential design and construction techniques.
- Registration preferred.
- Most work will be local to the Birmingham area.
- Rendering skills are a plus.
- Must be deadline oriented and self-motivated.
- Some office hours will be required, but candidates should be able to work independently and effectively from outside the office as well.
Who are we looking for?
Ideal candidates will be creative problem solvers who can translate great ideas into buildable projects. Because our clients have lives too, deadlines are important, and candidates should be willing to work with time constraints to deliver exceptional service. Project Architects will work directly with clients and should enjoy interacting with owners and their families. Candidates should be comfortable in a growing small firm where responsibilities and priorities may shift daily, and while design skills are paramount, so is a certain amount of flexibility and a great sense of humor!
Compensation is negotiable and is commensurate with experience and full/part time commitment. The firm offers a flexible work environment and while candidates should consider the office home base, the studio is set up for employees to work remotely.
Interested applicants should submit work samples (as a PDF) a cover letter, and resume firstname.lastname@example.org.
Marketing/Administrator (Part Time/Hourly)
- Marketing responsibilities include implementation of TPD marketing plan, including social media and promotional content, creating and maintaing a customer relations management database, and planning business development events.
- Assisting with Project Administration, including preparing project records and invoicing.
- Maintaining a design and sample library.
- Office Management Tasks, such as filing and scheduling.
- Strong communication skills (writing samples appreciated!)
- Should be organized and goal oriented, and experience in marketing for design creatives and marketing strategy implementation, including social media, is a plus.
- MS Office, Google Docs and Adobe Creative Suite experience required.
Who are we looking for?
Candidates for this position should be proactive, flexible and willing to learn. We are seeking someone to help develop and implement management and marketing systems for a growing design firm, so applicants should be resourceful and creative!
Compensation is negotiable and commensurate with experience. A certain number of hours in the office will be required, but the studio is set up for employees to work remotely as well.
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
We love residential architecture, and we love that our clients want to work with us to collaborate on great design that addresses their particular needs. Our designs are contextual, tailored to the families we work with and the neighborhoods they live in. A TPD house belongs to the client, and it should beautifully tell their story.